Vision Series: Renewal - Revival Quiz
Multiple choice: Circle only one answer:
1. Revival is needed when a Christian
A. Becomes distracted and loses focus
B. Becomes weak and dried out
C. Becomes exhausted and needs spiritual refreshing
D. All of the above
2. In history revivals spread most rapidly
A. In the established church because of its good foundation
B. Through people of high status in society who have the political and financial ability to promote the revival.
C. Through the masses of poor people.
3. Common characteristics of those who led revival movements:
A. Married white men
B. Men and women who worked hard to build personal ministries.
C. People with unshakable faith, unwavering commitment, and willingness to risk life itself.
4. Prevenient grace means
A. The Holy Spirit prepares people before the messenger arrives with the message.
B. The Holy Spirit prevents the devil from hindering our revival.
C. The Holy Spirit prophetic preview of what will happen in the coming revival.
Mark T for True and F for False
1. ____ A revival is a meeting stirs believers, backsliders, and unbelievers interest in Jesus Christ.
2. ____ A revival can be called an awakening movement that touches churches, regions, and nations.
3. ____ An organization cannot bring revival. It can hinder or encourage and direct the flow.
4. ____ A prayer meeting cannot bring revival. It prepares the soil to receive revival.
5. ____ With proper training it is possible to have a revival movement without problems.
6. ____ People who pray for revival may not be prepared for the changes it will bring.
7. ____ In the eyes of men God has a habit of choosing the wrong person to lead revival.
8. ____ Those who have experienced personal revival are more spiritual than others.
9. ____ It is possible to ride the crest of the wave of revival at all times.
10. ____ People with revived hearts share the gospel even when there is no organized outreach.
11. ____ Salvation or revival often occurs when a person’s life is in transition.
12. ____ When we minister to the physical needs of people, we might lose the gospel message.
13. ____ Every revival has been marked by deep repentance and the joy of salvation often expressed in new songs and much singing.
14. ____ During times of revival falling down may be God’s power or a manifesting demon.
15. ____ When praying for people, we can give them a little push to help them fall.
16. ____ It is important to protect people’s modesty at all times.
4. A Prevenient from Latin pre - veni meaning to come before. H.S. comes to a person and prepares them to receive the message the H.S. has put in the messenger.
True or False:
7. T 1 Cor. 1:26-31
12.T History proves that many schools, hospitals, and charitable works were started a fruit of the good news gospel, but the focus changed from the Lord to the service of the people.
15.F God does not need your help! His power is enough.