- After the Second World War Dennis' family moved from Wyoming to the Northwest where they built a log cabin near Tumwater, WA. Dennis graduated from Tumwater High School in 1965. Dennis received a Bachelor of Arts in Education from Western Washington State University in Bellingham, WA in 1970.
- Diane's family relocated from Wisconsin to Lakewood, WA when her father was stationed at Ft. Lewis. She graduated from Clover Park High School in 1966 and received her BA in Education at Western Washington State University in 1970.
- Dennis and Diane met at Western in 1968 and were married on April 12, 1969 at St. Francis Cabrini Church in Lakewood, WA.
- Dennis was teaching grade 7 and 8 mathematics and physical education when Jesus invaded his life on April 10, 1971.
- In 1975 he was licensed and sent out with a team from Christian Life Church in Lacey, WA, as pioneer pastor of Word of Life Fellowship, now called Gateway Christian Fellowship in Shelton, WA. He was ordained in 1976 and pastored for 8 +years.
- After several short trips to Mexico and Asia, the Teague's turned over the pastorate in 1983 and were sent out as missionaries to the Philippines. Dennis was involved in starting Bible schools, evangelistic meetings, and church planting. He pastored Taytay New Life Fellowship in Taytay, Rizal from 1988-1991. Diane ministered the Word, midwifery, and medical clinics while home schooling the children.
- Dennis received a Master of Ministry (1988) and a Doctor's Degree in Theology (Missions) in 1990 from New Covenant International University in Palm Beach, FL.
- In 1991 Dennis received certification to teach ESL from Seattle University.
- In 1992 they went to Albania with Storehouse Ministries. They maintain relationship and periodically visit the church there.
- In 1993 they lived in the Philippines at the Taytay church and ministered in Vietnam and Malaysia.
- From 1994-99 they were with Target Ministries living in Hong Kong and spending two years living in SW China targeting an unreached people group with prayer and literature development.
- They returned to the USA in July, 1999. Dennis was recovering from knee and gall bladder surgery. Diane nursed her mother in their home for over a year.
- In July,2000 they began pastoring a new church plant called Rivers of Grace in Olympia, WA.
- In January of 2001 they started a second Rivers of Grace Church on Sunday evening in nearby Mason County. Dennis and Diane serve as pastors of these churches with a mature team of elders.
- Dennis has written several books on missions and Spirit-filled ministry. (See list below)
- Dennis and Diane with Diane's brother, Dennis Caturia, and his wife, Cindy, started a mission called 'Mission Concepts' In 1988, which is under Rivers of Grace Church. Teague’s mission work functions under M.C. In the last twenty five years they have traveled to Thailand, Philippines, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Liberia, and Nepal. They preach and teach in Bible Schools, Fire of God Conferences, pastors’ seminars, Churches, as well as personally with missionaries and ministers.
- Dennis and Diane Teague have four children:
- Joy is married to Elmer Matienzo with 2 daughters. They served as missionaries with Every Nation in the Philippines, India, and currently in Spain.
- Donald, a business man, is remarried to Myra. They have 4 sons and 1 daughter.
- Hope is married to Nate Bowling. She teaches high school English in Tacoma, WA. He teaches high school Government and Social Studies.
- Faith is a Registered Nurse working around the world.
Books by Dr. Dennis Teague
Gaining Confidence in a Crumbling World, 2nd Edition, OMF, Manila, Philippines, 1995.
What will we do about the crisis of confidence currently engulfing many of us? What is the best way to stay encouraged? How do we maintain a godly perspective in the midst of natural calamities and man-made problems? "Gaining Confidence in a Crumbling World" suggests morale can be reinforced by confidence built on a proper foundation - faith in God. Through the help of the Holy Spirit confident Christians can be victorious over the world, the flesh, and the devil. They can use their creative abilities, take the initiative, and seize opportunities in these last days. Also available in Albanian language.
CULTURE: The Missing Link in Missions, 2nd Edition, OMF, Manila, Philippines, 1996.
This book assists the missionary by heightening cultural awareness and developing his cross-cultural communication skills. It is a great tool for the tent-making missionary, the short-term worker, or even a Christian tourist to take to the field. Although it designed as a textbook for missiology, many of the chapters could be used for discussion in mission committees or various kinds of mission cell groups. Also available: 2nd Edition in Chinese language.
Connect: Culture Keys Open Doors for the Gospel, OMF, Manila, Philippines, 1999.
Training in cross-cultural communication is not just the concern of missionaries. All believers are communicators who have opportunities to share the gospel. As their ministries touch people of different dialects, people groups and subcultures, they need to think culture. This book encourages every preacher, teacher, and witness to think culture to be more effective in sharing their faith.
Spirit Filled Life and Ministry, Manila, Philippines, 1996.
In the midst of immorality, injustice, and idolatry the early church thrived and multiplied. In spite of persecution, lack of experience, and church problems, within a few decades Christianity had reached every corner of the Roman Empire and affected the lives of half its population. What was the secret of this unstoppable movement? The early Christians were filled with the power of the Holy Spirit that Jesus had promised. Today, in spite of technology, theology and psychology, the superhuman work of the great commission still requires the same supernatural power of Holy Spirit that the early Christians walked in. This book will help you to learn to live in the Spirit and let the Life of God minister through you.
Jesus’ Joy is Yours! Manila, 2006 (booklet)
Many Christians do not realize that “Joy is the serious business of heaven.” C.S. Lewis Letters to Malcolm. Paul wrote, “The kingdom of God is righteous, peace, and joy in the Holt Spirit. Anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved of men. (Rom. 14:17-18) Joy is an inseparable part of the message and the lifestyle of a Christian. “I Bring you glad tidings of great joy which shall be for all the people.” (Luke 2:10)
Wind of Doctrine or Wind of Spirit! Manila, 2015 (booklet)
An increasing number of negative articles, books, and newsletters condemn the recent wave of supernatural manifestations that is being reported in many countries. Many of these are unscholarly and unscriptural attacks based on very little substance other than broad generalizations. At the same time, there are cults coming out of the woodwork. How do we know what is of God and what is not? God never changes, but He is not a static force. He is an active Person who wants to incorporate us into His work if we are open and available. May we not miss our kairos moment. This booklet is intended to help you evaluate whether you are being lead astray or moving forward in what the Holy Spirit is highlighting.This booklet gives some guidelines and a checklist for evaluating people and their teaching.
these last days, the devil is not the only one who is busy.
Jesus' Power is Yours! Manila, 2016 (booklet)
The Apostle Paul prayed that the spiritual eyes of the Ephesian believers would be open to the power that was at work in them. We are the temple of the Holy Spirit, the place on earth where the limitless power of heaven resides. Most of us underestimate the grace available to us. Are you ready to avail of this power working in you? Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:18-20)
Jesus' Victory Is Yours! Manila, 2016 (booklet)
Some people are victims of tragic situations. God has called us to advocate for them and uphold them. However, many people see themselves as victims of a world where people and unseen forces continually abuse them.
The Victor has a different world view. Victorious believers approach life with a positive morale through confidence built on a proper foundation-faith in God. They share the triumph of Christ over sin, suffering, Satan, and death. Faith is activated as they rely on the help of the Holy Spirit. Know what God has done for you, what God wants to do in you and what God wants to do through you. The victory is yours.
Jesus Peace is Yours! Manila, 2016 (booklet)
Have you been struggling with the weight of worldly responsibilities? Do you have difficult decisions to make? Perhaps you are grieving over loss or feel a sinking sense of fear for the future. Has terrorism disrupted your sense of mission? Is the pressure of God's call to leadership causing your high blood pressure and your lack of sleep? Maybe you are doing well, but someone you know needed this booklet. Peace is easier to maintain than regain. This booklet will reinforce your sense of peace and assure you of God's comfort and love.
Jesus Foundation Is Yours! Manila 2017 (booklet)
Many believers claim Jesus Christ ad their Savior. However the foundation of their belief is the size of a toothpick! This book is the beginning of a solid platform on which to build a strong spiritual house. According to Hebrews 6:1-2 we will not grow to maturity in Christ without a fundamental understanding of basic truths from the Bible. Often people believe what they have read in a book about the Bible or a book about a book about the Bible. This booklet encourages the reader to search the scriptures with noble character of the Bereans. They searched the scriptures to make sure the apostle Paul was correct in his teaching. This was not skepticism. This was hunger for truth.
Jesus Call to Leadership! Manila, 2017 (booklet)
Many things factor into the making of a leader: culture, the historical context, the gofting of the individual, and the makeup of the group they lead. Leaders take on te characteristics of their mentors, denominations, and their training programs.
The Bible has been the best resource. When they asked Pastor Yongi Cho how his church grew to be the largest in the world at the time , he said, "I pray, then I obey."
Jesus said, "I only say what I hear the Father saying, and do what the Father is doing." (John 12:49-50; 14:31)
Leadership is not an exact science. As you follow the Chief Shepherd listening and obeying, He will train you to feed and love the sheep.
Jesus who are you?, This book is brief but based on the Bible. All else is based on the shifting sands of speculation and personal opinion. Theology means the study of Theo (God). Many theological courses study everything about the ways of God, but not God. This book is a sketch that will help the reader to clarify his understanding of God. Jesus Christ is the exact image of the invisible God (Hebrews 1:3). The starting point of faith is “Get Jesus right”. That is the primary difference between cults and real Christians. May we give Jesus Christ the preeminence as we run this path of life with our eyes focused on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith. Everything becomes a shadow in the light of the Son (Hebrews 12:1-2)